Preparing for your Presentation
Abstract Submissions are Closed for 2018
- Thank you to all who have submitted an abstract for consideration in the 2018 CRS Annual Meeting Program. Notifications for accepted poster and oral presentations have been sent to everyone who has submitted an abstract.
Preparing Your Oral Abstract Presentation
- Oral session presenters (formerly called Research Highlight Talks) will NOT prepare a corresponding poster.
- Oral session presentations should not exceed 10 minutes (please allow 7-8 minutes for presentation, and 2-3 minutes for questions).
- English is the official language at the CRS Annual Meeting.
- Audio Visual: The only audio-visual presentation option is a single LCD projector for each session room. Presenters are not allowed to use their personal devices to present.
- Presentation Slides: are limited to a total of six (6), including the cover slide.
- Oral presenters to upload their presentations the day before their scheduled talk in the Speaker Ready Room.
Oral Session Presenter Tips
- Do not overrun the time for your talk, as the discussion is important.
- A rule of thumb is to have one slide for each minute of the talk after an introductory slide.
- Slides should have as a rule only one legible figure or table or set of points each.
- Figures should be legibly annotated so that they can be more easily understood by all.
- The objective is clarity not quantity.
Preparing Your Poster Presentation
- Poster size is A0 (Width: 84.1 cm Height: 118.9 cm) or (Width: 33.11” Height 46.81”)
- CRS will provide push pins to utilize in hanging your poster.
- Poster titles are not supplied.
- Poster number assignments and presenter schedule has been emailed to presenting authors on 6/8/2018.
Additional Poster Information
- Posters will be located in the exposition hall.
- Poster boards will be arranged numerically and will be organized by scientific session category. Poster location corresponds to the number assigned to each poster.
- Poster Authors are to be present during their designated Poster Session to answer questions from meeting attendees.
- Posters not displayed during the designated poster sessions will be withdrawn from the program.
- Photographing and recording of posters is not permitted.
Please direct all questions regarding CRS' Annual Meeting & Exposition to Janine Salabritas at firstname.lastname@example.org.